Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Meta Data, Meta Searching, I want to Meta Myself

After all the bad mouthing of Meta Searching using Copernic, I do admit that Meta Searching can be more user friendly where in some cases there are tidy boxes that ask you what to include and what not to include in your searches etc. This feature is useful as it means you don't have to type out Boolean searches eg. Supermodel && Carmen Electra. And limiting to certain domain types is another feature I was unfamiliar with and never actually thought of when searching, which is particularly useful when searching for University websites (.edu) or government (.gov). This feature I was impressed with. And in future in those particular circumstances I might turn to Meta Searching, but at this point in time for most of my general searching needs, A refined google search does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment