Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sniff Sniff

After playing around with Copernic for a bit and running through a few of the tutorials and tasks I was to be honest, not very impressed. In every single search I did Google performed better and gave me the results I sought after. Now either it's a problem on my behalf in setting Copernic up or the software just doesn't cut it for a seasoned searcher such as myself (I have years of experience finding the exact information I desire very quickly). I felt that Copernic was not as user friendly as I was expecting, and every search I did started with sponsored pages. In most cases I generally turn to Wikipedia for information, and in most of my searches the first or second results on Google were from Wikipedia, whereas with Copernic it wasn't until the 5th or more webpage that it was a Wiki page.


Here was the search results of Earthquake using Copernic


Whereas here was the results from google

No comments:

Post a Comment