Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My webpage

Well my webpage went well. I’ve had some experience in building web pages before so all this was I guess a piece of cake. I wouldn’t go as far as saying I’m advanced or anything though. That’s why I’m learning Java and all the C languages so I can expand my current knowledge in all these fields and eventually bring them all together. I view html as any other programming language, just not as powerful. And like other programming languages, yes you do get a sense of achievement when you complete something. Coming up to the completion your always looking at little tweaks or additions that can be made to make it better. With Html I feel colour scheming plays a big part, its like any form of media, you need it to be visually appealing. The major difference between html and blogging is that with html requires a hell of a lot more coding. A blog by definition is in fact html, you could write your blog completely in html, it would just take a whole lot longer. I feel if you are going to try and make a meaningful site about a particular subject that is not in a monologue type format then html is the way to go. Blogging on the other hand, although customizations can be made, generally always holds the same structure and has that monologue feel to it. So as a personal diary or log I guess a Blog would be more suited. To be honest I’m not too keen on either, but if I had to pick I’d honestly say html as it has that much more coded feel to it, and the better degree of customization. I will post my webpage and the link at a later stage, once i've done some finishing touches to it. How much time and effort is meant to go into this? is it going to be graded??

No comments:

Post a Comment