Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What I really think of Blogging

It seems ironic to pay out on blogs inside a blog, but if you really want to know how I feel about the whole matter i'll let you know. I'm really not fond of them. I'm not really one to care about what someone did this day or what not. To me its like Myspace or Facebook. The opitimy of all evil. Did you know a radio station in Melbourne opened up a bank account using the details on ones Myspace page and they didn't know. I guess Blogs would be a great way for a serial killer to find their targets daily routine the way some people habitually add to their blog. As for seeing any useful uses for a blog, i've seen none. If you could point in the direction of one, maybe my opinion might change. But at this point I stand quite firm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob, while anecdotes and personal opinions can be fun, what I'm chasing here is something more reflective? Why do you feel the way you feel about blogs? Are there examples of serial killers using blogs to stalk their victims? If not, why have you used that as an example? You say you have seen no uses for a blog. Are you saying that blogs by political dissidents are of no use? How about blogs on news sites? And why is Facebook and MySpace "the opitimy (sic) all evil"? Is this your belief or is it a view shared by others? If it's your belief what other views could be held? Do social networking sites perform any form of public good? If they're evil why are so many people using them?

    These are just a few of the questions that might be worth asking as ways to interrogate your assumptions and understandings. Doing so creates opportunities for learning and growth rather than merely defending an opinion.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete